Saturday, February 1, 2020

Driving | Citrus Twist Kits


Hey friends!  I'm here with this week's 3-to-Inspire challenge for Citrus Twist Kits.  This is always one of my favorite challenges to host, and it's even more exciting today because the new kits for February just released!  To join in, be sure to use all three prompts on your project.

Here are this week's prompts:

1. Use ephemera or die cuts
2. Add a large title
3. Do some stamping

Here's my take on the challenge using the NEW February "Possibilities" Life Crafted kit and the Spencer Solid Alpha Stamp:


To begin my layout, I printed two traveler's notebook ledger papers from this month's digital TN papers.  I chose to use a neutral background because I knew I wanted to add a large stamped title.  Using the Spencer Solid Alpha Stamp, I stamped the word "Driving" using blue distress oxide ink.  This is one of my favorite alpha stamp sets- LOVE the bold look it provides!  I did a bit more stamping using black ink and the kit stamp.  Next, I layered a few ephemera pieces, also from the Possibilities kit.


I couldn't resist using the ephemera keys and banner from the kit in a small cluster at the top of the page.  They worked perfectly with this story documenting my son driving.


For the other side of the spread, I typed my journaling on the computer and printed it directly onto the ledger paper.  I trimmed the multi-pattern kit paper into three strips and adhered them to the edge of the page.  Next, I layered my photo over a journaling card and trimmed the top of it into a ticket shape, following the ticket print on the top of the card. To embellish, I stamped a few sentiments onto labels using the kit stamp and layered ephemera and chipboard circular pieces over the edges of the photo.  To complete the spread, I added some puffy heart stickers to a few areas on the layout.



I hope I have inspired you to create a page using this week's 3-to-Inspire prompts!  I will see you again soon!

xo,
Marsha

No comments:

Post a Comment