Sunday, March 8, 2020

Weekend Vibes | Citrus Twist Kits


Hey friends!  I'm here with you today sharing this week's Sunday Sketch Challenge for Citrus Twist Kits.  My project came together so quickly using the sketch and the gorgeous Scrapbooking Add-on Kit and This Is Life "Weekend Life" Stamp!

Here's a look at the sketch:


Here's the layout I created:


For my project today, I chose to create a spread in my Life Crafted Album, instead of doing a traditional 12x12 or 8.5x11 page.  To begin, I trimmed some white cardstock to 5x8.25 inches to serve as base pages for my project.  Following the sketch, I trimmed two patterned papers to span across both sides of the album.  I typed my journaling on a piece of white cardstock and used the This Is Life "Weekend Life" Stamp to add a bit of stamping above and below the journaling. Next, I used the Magical Forest Copper Alphabet Stickers to add the word "good."  I used a black and white striped paper from this month's Life Crafted kit to add a hand-cut pennant banner above the journaling block.  This little detail was found in the sketch and I love the extra interest and texture it adds to the page!


For the other side of the layout, I fussy cut a large floral piece from a patterned paper in the Add-on kit.  Then, I layered my photo over a "remember" card I trimmed from a cut apart sheet in the kit.  To embellish, I added some gold polka dot washi tape, a puffy butterfly sticker, and an ephemera tab and label.


For the top portion of the spread, I followed the sketch and added a strip of patterned paper across the top of the layout.  I tucked another fussy cut floral behind the strip.


For the title, I stamped the word "weekend" using the Weekend Life stamp and black ink.  I used the copper alpha stickers to complete the title and added an ephemera tab to the edge of the page.  As a final finishing touch, I added some machine stitching to several areas of the layout.


Thank you for stopping by today!  I hope you will join in on this week's Sunday Sketch Challenge and share your project with us on the CTK Facebook Fan Page or on Instagram using #citrustwistkits.  I will see you again soon!

xo,


No comments:

Post a Comment